Choosing a Burial Plot: Cemeteries in Albany, NY
Albany Diocesan Cemeteries gives families a variety of options to pick the location that is best suited to their unique needs. We've been serving families since 1968, and from that experience we ensure that the entire process is as comfortable as possible for you and your family. Our team understands that many people have religious preferences and traditions to follow when it’s time to lay someone to rest. Contact us at (518) 463-0134 or visit us at 48 Cemetery Ave, Menands, NY 12204.
Choosing a Burial Plot: Cemeteries in Albany, NY
Types of Cemeteries
Did you know that there are different types of cemeteries in the area?
- Public Cemeteries: The most common type is a public cemetery, which is a for-profit company that is owned independently or by a corporation.
- Religious Cemeteries: Another option is to choose a non-profit cemetery. For example, our cemeteries are owned by a religious organization.
- Veteran’s Cemeteries: Certain burial locations are owned by the government and dedicated to the burial of veterans and their families.
Depending on your unique needs and preferences, any of these types of cemeteries can be a great choice.
Tips for Burial Plots and Cemeteries in Albany, NY
Here are a few things that you should consider when it is time to choose a cemetery and burial plot:
- Choose a Cemetery: Once you know the type of cemetery you prefer, then it’s time to pick a specific location. Often, convenience is a deciding factor for the family. You want to have a place that is close to home, giving you the option to visit frequently without worrying about long-distance travel. There’s something comforting about knowing that your loved one isn’t too far away.
- Services: As you are selecting from the many cemeteries in the area, consider the specific services offered by the provider. For example, it’s important that the cemetery can provide the most important details including burial, memorials, and more.
- Burial Plot: Once you’ve selected a cemetery, then you need to decide where in the cemetery you would like the burial plot to be located. Some people prefer a burial plot near a tree or statue in the cemetery, giving them a visual point to help them find the grave. Others want the burial plot to be out in the open, where the sunlight can reach the burial location each day.
- Maintained: Also, consider the quality of maintenance and grounds keeping provided in the cemetery you are considering. How well are the grounds maintained? Does the property look like it is cared for throughout all seasons? These details matter because you don’t want your loved one placed in a location that is neglected.
As you explore the local options for cemeteries in Albany, NY, you will find a place that feels right for laying your loved one to rest.
Available Services from Our Team
Did you know that we offer much more than a plot of ground
for a burial plot? Our team is working hard to provide top-notch cemetery
services for families in the area. Even though we specialize in Catholic
burial, other families are also welcome to use our services as well.
You’ll need to choose the services that are the best fit for your family. Here is a short overview of the services you might consider:
- Mausoleums and Cemeteries: Do you prefer your loved one to be buried above or below ground? Visit our many cemeteries and mausoleums in the area to see your options.
- Green Burial: Some families want to use natural burial practices to support the environment.
- Cremation: Our locations provide a sacred space for cremated remains, such as a columbarium where the ashes are laid to rest.
- Memorials: It’s important to mark the place where your loved one is laid. Memorials are designed and customized, with a variety of sizes, prices, and features your family can choose.
Ultimately, the choice is up to you. The first step is to learn about your options for burial so you can identify the services that are the perfect fit for the needs of your family.
As you are researching cemeteries in Albany, NY, our team is happy to answer your questions. Reach out at your convenience to learn more about available services.
Frequently Asked Questions
What services do you offer?
We offer services for your cemetery & mausoleum needs, green burial, cremation, and/or memorials. Learn more about our services here.
What is green burial?
Green burial or natural burial is a way of caring for the dead with minimal environmental impact. Natural burial will appeal to environmentalists, those wishing for simpler funeral choices, or as an alternative to cremation. Read more about it here.
Who are allowed to be buried in a Catholic Cemetery?
Catholic Cemeteries are intended for the use of Catholics and their families. Non-Catholic relatives and friends are welcome. More questions about cemeteries answered here.