Cemeteries in Troy, NY
What Our Families Are Saying
Types of Cemeteries
in Troy, NY
What is the best type of cemetery for your loved one? It’s important that you learn about each location before selecting the place that is a good fit for your family. This industry offers many options, with a few distinct differences in ownership and support.
These are the main categories for cemeteries:
- Religious Cemeteries: A religious cemetery is often owned by a nonprofit organization. For example, sometimes churches offer grounds where congregation members can be laid to rest. While the focus is on religious burial, other non-religious people in the community can also be buried in this location.
- Public Cemeteries: The next option is to choose a public cemetery, which means that the property is owned by a for-profit organization. A local family or large corporation runs the cemetery to generate income. It is common for public cemeteries to accommodate religious or traditional requests of the families.
- Veterans Cemeteries: If you are considering a veteran’s cemetery, then the person must have a history of serving in the armed forces. Or, families of veterans can be placed in these locations as well. Typically, these types of cemeteries are owned by the government.
As you learn about the different types of cemeteries, you will see that there are pros and cons. Ultimately, you need to consider the needs of your family and then pick a provider that aligns with your preferences.
How to Choose a Burial Plot and Cemetery
What information should you be considering when you are comparing cemeteries in Troy, NY? Here are a few things that each family needs to evaluate in their selection of a cemetery.
First, it’s important that you find a location that is convenient and close to home. It can be a burden if you have a long distance to drive every time you want to visit a loved one. Picking a location that is near your home gives you the benefit of visiting as often as you’d like, without the need to worry about travel.
You should also look at the specific services offered by the cemetery provider. You are purchasing more than an area on the ground for burial. Cemeteries also give support to families in the form of different methods of burial, graveside services, memorial creation, and more. Design your ideal funeral and burial plan, then make sure that the cemetery can accommodate your needs.
Once you finalize your decision on the cemetery you would like to choose, next it’s time to select a burial plot. Walk around the grounds to see the different areas, landscaping, and other features that make it more comfortable. Since you will be visiting often, make sure that you pick a burial spot that is easy to find.
Finally, also consider the maintenance services offered by the cemetery. It is a final decision when the casket is placed in the ground, which means that you need to be sure that the services will continue in the future. Ongoing maintenance and groundskeeping are critical factors that will influence the beauty of the area.
Unique Services from a Trusted Cemetery
Our team is committed to supporting your family in this time of need. When you choose us for cemetery services, you can feel good in knowing that we offer full-service support for your family. We offer a variety of services:
- Cemeteries and Mausoleums: There are different ways that your loved one can be laid to rest. Talk to us about these options, including mausoleums or ground burial.
- Cremation: If you select cremation instead of a casket burial, then a columbarium might be a good fit for your family.
- Green Burial: Do you want to protect the environment and honor the wishes of your loved one? Learn about green options for ground burial.
- Memorials: Finally, don’t underestimate the importance of a personalized memorial. We provide a variety of products, designs, and services to mark the burial location.
We’re here to help with everything that you
need. Contact us to schedule a consultation and learn more about cemeteries in Troy, NY.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it important to plan funerals ahead?
One of the advantages of planning ahead is that cemetery services are often an unexpected expense so this will save you at least from the financial stress. Plan ahead and sign up here.
Do you have an online grief support system?
Yes! Dr. Virginia Simpson is an Executive Counseling Director who created a set of online grief resources, which can help you cope in the way that feels right to you. Learn more about our grief support guide here.
What are your cremation options?
Albany Diocesan Cemeteries offers a wide range of options for the permanent memorialization of cremated remains, including mausoleum niches, columbariums, and urn gardens. Read about them here.