Cemeteries in Schenectady, NY
Since 1968, Albany Diocesan Cemeteries has offered well-maintained, beautiful grounds with full-service solutions that families need. When you work with us, you have the opportunity to talk to an industry expert about your preferences and desires. Then, we will help you in choosing the location that will best suit the needs of your family. Contact us at (518) 463-0134 or visit us at 48 Cemetery Ave Menands, NY 12204.
Different Cemeteries in Schenectady, NY
When it is time to pick a cemetery, you’ll see that there are different types of cemeteries available. Cemeteries fall into specific categories, depending on ownership and services offered:
- Religious Cemeteries: Often, these locations are owned by non-profit organizations, such as churches. The focus is on providing services that align with certain religious principles. Families like these religious services since the burial plot is viewed as a sacred location.
- Public Cemeteries: For-profit companies also own locations where people can be laid to rest. These cemeteries can be run by corporations or independent businesses. For-profit organizations often provide support for religious practices as well.
- Veterans Cemeteries: Places that are dedicated to the burial of veterans are usually owned by the government. Veterans and their families can be laid to rest in these areas.
There are pros and cons to all of these types of cemeteries. It’s up to you to compare your options and choose the location that is the best fit for the needs of your family.
Choosing a Cemetery and Burial Plot
Not only do you need to select a cemetery location, but you will also need to consider where you would like the burial plot to be within the cemetery. As you are choosing a cemetery, it’s smart to look at the location in proximity to your home. Often, families want to visit the cemetery regularly, so they pick a location that is nearby to minimize the amount of driving that is needed. It feels good knowing that your loved one is close to home.
Next, consider the services offered by the cemetery. As you are finalizing your funeral and burial plan, it’s essential to ensure that the cemetery can meet your needs. During the consultation with the cemetery, ask questions about these services including memorials, burials, graveside services, and more. Often, funeral directors will work with cemetery coordinators to combine efforts.
Now that you’ve picked a cemetery, it’s time to consider the location of the burial plot. Is there is a specific space in the cemetery that you prefer? You might consider the location of the trees, access from the street, or any other details that provide a comfortable experience when you come to visit.
Maintenance is another factor that should always be considered when you are selecting a cemetery. Since your loved one will be laid to rest in this location forever, you need to be sure that the grounds will be well-kept. Maintenance determines whether the cemetery will be run-down, or if the grounds will always remain beautiful and stylish.
Cemetery Services for Your Family
When you choose our services for burial, you can have confidence in knowing that we offer full-service solutions. Not only do you have the opportunity to choose a burial plot, but we also provide all of the other services to ensure that your loved one receives the highest levels of respect and care.
Our cemeteries in Schenectady, NY specialize in Catholic burial and traditions. We know the most important elements to help you create a sacred space. At the same time, we are also happy to provide burial support for people from other backgrounds and religions as well.
Available services include:
- Cemeteries and Mausoleums: Different locations and ways that you can lay a loved one to rest.
- Memorials: Beautiful, custom products that are placed on the burial plot to honor your loved one.
- Cremation: Consider using a columbarium placement in conjunction with cremation.
- Green Burial: You can do your part in protecting the environment by selecting a green burial.
It’s your decision to choose the specific
services and location that best suit the needs of your family. If you have a question
about cemeteries in Schenectady, NY, then our team is here to help. Contact us at
any time to learn about available services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer flower arrangements?
Yes, you may send a stunning display of hand-arranged flowers from our store. Choose from our selection here.
What are Sympathy Baskets?
These are selections of delicious delectables of gourmet goodies and bountiful baskets to help lighten the heavy hearts. Check our baskets here.
What memorial tributes do you offer?
We have a good list of tributes to choose from: Mausoleum Emblems and Portraits, Mausoleum Artwork, Memorial Butterflies, Trees, Bluebird Boxes, and Benches. Learn more about each here.